What is dry mouth and what are it’s symptoms? Dry mouth is caused by an insufficient flow of saliva. It is not a disease but a common side effect of certain medications or a symptom of medical disorders. Dry mouth is not a normal part of ageing and if left untreated, it can lead to more serious health problems. Some of the symptoms include:
1) A sticky, dry feeling in the mouth, throat and tongue;
2) Sores in the mouth, cracked lips, split skin at the corners of the mouth;
3) Difficulty in speaking, chewing, swallowing and tasting;
4) Burning sensation in the mouth and on the tongue;
5) Sore throat, hoarseness and dry nasal passages;
6) Mouth infections. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, then make an appointment with us and start your treatment immediately.